Friday, 4 December 2015

Drafting and planning/target audience



Here are some fonts I have created to feature at the end of my trailer once all the footage is shown. This is a crucial part of the trailer despite being so simple because not only does it let the audience know the name of the film but it also needs to look professional and fit in with the film genre. Therefore I created 5 suitable fonts to feature at the end of my trailer. The only difference is that these will be in white and on a black background as that is what films I am basing 'Poezzi' off, such as  Black Mass do in their trailers as it gives it a more sinister and serious look. However I did not know which font would be the most suitable one to use at the end of my trailer so asked my target audience as they are the people I am trying to attract.




  Once again my target audience helped a lot with most of them thinking that the second font is the best and most suitable font to my genre. I can see why they picked this as it is a simple but effective font as it is big and bold but not to fancy thus showing the audience that my film is quite serious and also a bit intimidating due to how straight forward the font is. However Steve went against everyone else claiming that the first and third font are the most suitable due to them being edgy and unique. I agree with him here especially with the first font as I could keep it in black to give it a bolder approach as black is associated with darkness and fear which is what Poezzi spreads throughout the city. Also by choosing one of these fonts I will be giving my film its own image because as pointed out it is a unique font. However despite Steve's view I will not be using the third font. This is because I do not think it is serious enough, as I feel it would suit a gangster film about modern day gangs, such as 'Straight Out of Compton,' but my film is based on old school gangsters such as the one's in Legend and the Godfather and I feel this font does not reflect that serious side of the film. However I am pleased with these fonts and pleased with my target audience feedback as they have helped shown me which fonts are the most suitable to put in my trailer thus helping me finish another part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment